Job of the week: Regional Ad Manager for Patch.com in Cleveland
Posted by Chris Pugh
(EDITOR’S NOTE: You can apply for the job here).
We’re Patch.com, a digital platform that’s radically reinventing journalism and community engagement. We launched with just 3 sites in February 2009 and now operate hundreds of sites in communities across the country – and we are continuing to expand! Patch is founded on two core principles: that there’s a big need for news and information in small towns, and that we can create a successful, sustainable business model around that need. Even as many newsrooms have been downsized or shut down over the past few years, Patch is investing millions to strengthen our platform and to provide meaningful daily news, ways for users to interact with the site and with each other, and support for our communities’ local businesses and economy. A lot of people are paying attention; our stories have been picked up by virtually every major news organization, including CNN, Fox News, AP and Reuters, USA Today, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and then some.
And did we mention fun?
Patchers know how to have a good time, from our monthly Fun Club activities to the Give 5 program that offers our employees paid time off to do volunteer work in Patch towns. Patch is all about serving communities, and this is one of the most important ways we accomplish that.
Patch is committed to helping local businesses survive and thrive.
Our team does more than simply sell a suite of products and generate revenue for Patch. We are active members of our communities, ambassadors of the Patch brand, tireless multi-taskers, go-getters and problem-solvers. We work with our partners to provide affordable local online advertising opportunities that work.
Our executives seek out and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environments. They are goal-oriented achievers who exceed their individual targets while being a true team player.
Role: Regional Advertising Manager
As a Regional Advertising Manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with regional advertising agencies and large regional clients that require more customized and targeted solutions for local advertising. This is an outside sales position and you will be driving revenue for multi-state regions. You’ll work closely with the regional outside sales team, Patch’s revenue, marketing team and liaise with AOL’s national sales group.
* Identify and implement new strategies for revenue development with major regional agencies and clients in your territory
* Plan and manage to a regional revenue budget, reporting regularly to Patch Headquarters in NYC
* Own regional accounts, present Patch and close advertising relationship
* Work collaboratively with Regional Advertising Directors and other departments to drive national advertising strategy
* A Bachelors’ degree in marketing, business or related discipline. An advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is a plus
* 5+ years of digital advertising experience working with regional clients and/or agencies
* Must have a solid understanding of online ad sales, products, site monetization strategies and local advertising trends
* Passion for a start-up, entrepreneurial environment
* Must have strong knowledge around analytics and the importance of numbers
* Ability to publicly represent Patch as the future of the local digital space
* Self-motivated business leader who can motivate and inspire, passionate about the potential of Patch and gets an adrenaline rush from starting up a business
* Able to build customized sales solutions that solve Patch’s customer’s marketing needs
Patch offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. Patch Media, part of the Huffington Post Media Group, is an AOL company.