No. 2: The University of Findlay’s Juried Student Art Exhibition open
The University of Findlay’s Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition is open in the Dudley and Mary Marks Lea Gallery in the Virginia B. Gardner Fine Arts Pavilion and will remain open through Thursday, April 28. It is free and open to the public.
The Best of Show award went to Lauren Bagley for her painting, “Tea Time: Mongoose and Cobra.” Bagley also received an honorable mention for her woodcut print, “The Bone King.” Bagley is a senior children’s book illustration major from Canton, Ohio.
First-place awards were given to the following students:
• Tian Shen, a freshman graphic design major from China, in painting for “Fabric Painting;”
• Abigail Wright, sophomore art major from Mount Clemens, Mich., in printmaking for “Father Praying,” in drawing and mixed media for “Charcoal Still Life” and in graphic design and illustration for “Mad Scientist;”
• Brier Sterling, a sophomore children’s book illustration major from Findlay, in sculpture for “Proud Patty;”
• Emily Warnimont, sophomore pre-veterinary medicine major from Findlay, in ceramics for “Purple Haze;”
• Molly Gill, sophomore art management and photography major from Toledo, in black and white photography for “Still Standing;”
• Tara Singapuri, a freshman pre-medicine major from Lancaster, Pa., in color photography for “Falling Floors;”
• and Kelsey Rich, sophomore art and graphic design major from Marietta, in design and crafts for “Huzzah!”
Many of the pieces in the exhibit are for sale.